Sioux Falls Heating Experts
Servicing All Heater Makes & Models
During winter, home and business owners in Sioux Falls and the surrounding areas rely on a working heater to keep their properties warm and comfortable. When your heating system is not turning on or is providing insufficient heat, it’s time call Midwestern Mechanical, Inc. and Copper Cottage to the scene. Since 1983, we’ve been providing residential and commercial clients with complete indoor comfort solutions including heater repair, replacement, new installation, and maintenance. Experienced in practically all heating system makes and models, our technicians are ready to get your furnace, boiler, or heat pump working again.
Midwestern Mechanical, Inc. is available for same-day appointments! Call us now at (605) 203-4242 to request heating services in Sioux Falls.
What Size Furnace or Heater Do I Need?
Making sure your heater is big enough to heat your whole home, but not too big so that it wastes energy is an important decision to make, and we're here to help you pick the right size. Some things to consider when purchasing a new heater or furnace include:
- The size and build of your home. How many square feet is your home? Are there a lot of smaller rooms, or fewer larger ones? What direction do your windows face? All of these factor into the size of your new heater.
- What is your home built out of? Certain materials like brick have more natural insulation than wood siding. The better insulated your home is, the smaller heater you will need.
- How efficient is the furnace you're buying? More efficient heaters typically cost a bit more than less efficient ones, but the more efficient it is the smaller it can be.
The general standard for heaters requires them to provide approximately 25 to 30 British thermal units (Btu) of heat for every square foot in your home. The size of your furnace depends on how efficient it is though. A furnace running at 95% efficiency only needs to provide about 26,250 to 31,500 Btu for a 1,000 square foot home, while a furnace running at 80% efficiency would need to provide about 30,000 to 37,000 Btu for a home of the same size.
Heater Repair & Replacement
Apart from the equipment not turning on, there are several other indications you need heater repair. These signs include frequent cycling, poor airflow, banging or whistling noises, and uneven heating. If you’ve noticed any of these signs, get in touch with Midwestern Mechanical, Inc. right away. We respond rapidly, so you won’t be left out in the cold for a long time. However, there are times when replacing your heating system is a more practical solution.
Consider a replacement when:
- Your furnace or boiler is over 15 years old
- Your heater is breaking down frequently
- Your heating system takes a long time to heat your home
- Your home is not getting enough heat even with the heater turned on for hours
When it’s time for a new heater, you can count on our Sioux Falls heater experts to help you select an energy-efficient replacement. We also provide top-notch installations to ensure reliable heater performance for years to come. Additionally, our technicians offer comprehensive maintenance that can prolong the lifespan of your heater.
Emergency Services Available
When your heating system has stopped working while it’s freezing outside, it can become very uncomfortable to the point that you and your family or employees get sick. Fortunately, Midwestern Mechanical, Inc. and Copper Cottage is available for emergency heater repairs day and night. Let us restore warmth in your home or commercial space. We always have your health, comfort, and safety in mind.
For immediate heater repair in Sioux Falls or nearby, call (605) 203-4242! You may schedule an appointment online for non-urgent heating needs.
Simply the best.- Mark S.
These are the types of people we want to do business with!- Josh K.