Mr. Wachal has been in the construction industry for 15 years and has worked as an Estimator, Project Manager, and Director. He has estimated and managed the mechanical construction of hospital facilities, industrial projects, and schools as an Estimator and Project Manager, and has recently been the Director for several others. Mr. Wachal strongly believes in the benefits of new computer technology, software, and the increased accuracy, flexibility and detailed reporting that they bring to the jobsite. By supplying current, accurate data to his office computer systems, he can efficiently manage projects and assure they remain on schedule chronologically and financially. Mr. Wachal with his experience, management style, and his access to the most recent technology adds up to an unbeatable combination, making him the best choice to handle your projects, whether they are design build, fast-track, or plan and spec.
Midwestern Mechanical History:
Estimator/Project Manager Jul 2007 – Aug 2009
Chief Estimator/Project Manager Sep 2009 – Dec 2012
Director of Mechanical Construction Jan 2013 – December 2020
Vice President January 2021 - Present
- Management of the Mechanical Construction Division – Ongoing
- Preconstruction Services for Potential Projects – As Needed
- Companywide Training for Project Managers and Estimators – Ongoing
- Internal Software Development and Maintenance – Ongoing
Key Responsibilities for Project:
- Prepare RFP documentation and lead the team during the selection process.
- Assist Estimators in the budgeting and final pricing phase of the design.
- Assist the Design Team and Construction Manager during the design and budgeting phase.
- Attend project design and preconstruction meetings.
- Follow construction progress alongside the Project Manager.
Relevant Project Experience:
- 2012-2013, Hard Rock Casino (Sioux City, IA) – Provided preconstruction services, established the GMP and was the Project Manager.
- 2015-2016, Box Butte Hospital (Alliance, NE) – Provided preconstruction services, established the GMP, and turned over to another Project Manager at our Rapid City location.
- 2012-2017, Numerous Small Project – Provided preconstruction services, established a GMP or Not to Exceed proposal, and project managed some and turned over some.
- 2019-2020, First Premier Bank (Sioux Falls, SD) - Provided preconstruction services, established the GMP, and turned over to another Project Manager at our Sioux Falls location.
Certifications: Quick Pen International Estimating, OSHA 30 Hour, Last Planner System Training