Sioux Falls AC Repair, Installation & Maintenance
Beat the Heat with Midwestern Mechanical, Inc.
When there’s a problem with your air conditioner, don’t sweat—contact our expert cooling technicians instead. Midwestern Mechanical, Inc. with Copper Cottage is the leading air conditioning company for countless Sioux Falls residents and commercial property owners. We’ve been in this line of business since 1983, and we know what it takes to ensure unmatched cooling services. Whether you require a small repair, a complete AC replacement, or preventative maintenance work, you can trust our technicians to handle the work promptly and efficiently. We always do the job the right way, so you can keep your cool all summer long!
To schedule an appointment for Sioux Falls AC repair, give us a call at (605) 203-4242.
Common AC Issues
Air conditioner problems are inevitable, especially when your system is being used around the clock, which is the norm during summer. Regular system maintenance can help keep major cooling issues at bay. However, if your AC is already showing problematic symptoms such as poor airflow, cycling frequently, strange noises, and more, a repair is necessary. Our Sioux Falls air conditioning technicians are available for same-day and emergency AC repair. As soon as you’ve noticed something out of the ordinary with your air conditioner, call us right away.
The common causes of AC problems include:
- Low refrigerant or leaking refrigerant lines
- Dirty filters
- Frozen evaporator coils
- Dirty condenser coils
- Faulty motor
- Worn belts
- Clogged drain lines
- Thermostat issues
Midwestern Mechanical, Inc. with Copper Cottage can work on any AC brands or models. We are also trained to repair or replace ductless mini-split air conditioners.
4 Observable Signs You Need AC Repair
1. Loud sounds - A little bit of noise coming from your AC isn't what we're talking about. But if it sounds like something is loose or if you're getting a squealing, rattling, banging sound then call in your Sioux Falls AC repair specialists because something can become more damaged if left unattended.
2. Strange smells - If you're getting the musky smell of mildew or it smells like a dead animal, then you likely need to have your ducts cleaned. But a burning smell coming from your AC is a sign that it's in need of repairs.
3. Utility bills trending upwards - Older AC units especially can become less effective over time. What this means is that while your indoor temperature might stay the same, your AC needs to run more and more often to keep that temperature. Normally, air conditioners cool and rest, but if your AC is just cooling and not resting then you'll pay extra at the end of the month.
4. Rising humidity levels - Everyone knows that an AC blowing warm air needs to be fixed. But another part of the AC's job is to remove humidity from your indoor environment. If you're getting unwanted humidity, then call in our Sioux Falls AC repair specialists.
Sioux Falls AC Maintenance Checklist
Having a broken-down air conditioner when you need it most is the worst. If you want to avoid such an experience at all cost, consider scheduling regular maintenance. Midwestern Mechanical, Inc. recommends calling for maintenance at least once a year to make sure your AC is in good shape.
Our checklist includes:
- Inspecting both inside and outside units
- Checking every component and moving parts
- Cleaning and lubricating parts as needed
- Replacing the air filter
- Checking and charging refrigerant as needed
- Pinpointing potential issues
If you’re contemplating an AC upgrade, we can also inspect your air conditioner and let you know when it’s time for a replacement. Our Sioux Falls air conditioning company is a proud partner of leading AC manufacturers, so you can count on us to install only high-quality cooling systems.
Get reliable air conditioning services from the coolest technicians in town! Call Midwestern Mechanical, Inc. at (605) 203-4242.
Thanks for the good work!- Carol & Dick K.
Simply the best.- Mark S.
These are the types of people we want to do business with!- Josh K.